The project Reality Road meant hitting the roads of Europe in a huge truck. Mapei told us more about the road trip-turned-reality show-turned-music video.
The nine day long ride that Mapei went on to record her newly released music video entailed mosh pits, voltige, a brand new song (Million Ways to Live, a “trucker’s anthem” in Mapei’s own words), director Liza Minou Morberg, a Miniature Schnauzer named Sushi and much more. The project resulted in the eight episode long TV series Reality Road, created by Volvo.
We got in touch with Mapei to hear more about what seems to have been quite a cray cray experience.
How are you?
– I’m really good. Better than I’ve been in a long time.
What have you been up to lately?
– Working on a new album. Performing in small doses.
What was the most memorable moment from Reality Road?
– It would probably be the mosh pit. I love gathering people together and having everyone express themselves.
Watching the series, I got the feeling that the freedom subject is very important to you. Why?
– Because we are programmed to believe that we are here to work and work and not do what are souls purpose is. I want to see change!
When were you the most scared; during the truck stunt or when you were riding the horse?
– Probably the horse!
In another life, would you ever consider being a truck driver?
– Yes it seems like a job I could do and then I would listen to all the music in the world.
If not, what other profession would you choose if you couldn’t be a musician?
– Probably a programmer! Creating apps…
When can we expect new music from you?
– Hopefully beginning of next year!
How it will sound?
– Harder! Deeper! Sensitive lyrics.
How will you spend the rest of your summer?
– With family and friends chasing the sun!