Today Radar gives you an exclusive first look at Swedish hjälten’s video for the song 25. The man behind hjälten is named Daniel Björkman and with the new video he wants to portray life and give the listener a chance to create their own vision of the song’s meaning.
– hjälten is an effort to give it a chance, it’s a star below your eye, Commander Shepard, Nike, Legend of Ashitaka, Ellie, being too young, Buffalo ’66, Candy, Faith, Brit & Cotty. hjälten is having this feeling that something is about to happen, but you’re the only one who knows about it. It’s me, and you.
What’s the inspiration behind the song 25?
– I don’t really like to talk about these things. I’d rather people just listen to the music, without me trying to explain facts or something concrete about something that’s fleeting, fragile and emotional. I don’t want to ruin anything for someone listening. But I guess life, you know? Living it.
What do you want to portray with the video?
– Life, in some sense. Again I don’t wanna talk too much about it. Don’t wanna ruin it. I want the ones who see it to experience something. I wanted it to be like looking at a Sally Mann photography, or Joel Peter Witkin. But that feeling kind of looses something if you explain it in words.
There’s some colorful painting going on in the video, does that have some deeper meaning to it?
– Not really. I guess it was just an excuse to get my friend naked and dance with me.
What’s next for Hjälten?
– Continuing to try and make the perfect pop song. Letting go and seeing what happens. Making things with Too Young. There is a second EP coming out next week. Maybe there will be some shows, but I don’t know, we don’t really know how these things work. After that there will probably be another EP, and after that, who knows?
hjälten releases his EP Inga Regler next week on January 21.