Artist Ambervalent, or Amber Watts which is her real name, released her debut EP Paragon last spring. Now she is back with a new single, with an expected release in February. Radar met her on a cold day to ask some extremely relevant questions, and to take some pictues in the fresh snow!
What was your first internet nickname?
– ‘Queen_Rock’ at Playahead, bc Queen is everything (or at least it was when I was 11).
Do you have any new years resolutions?
– To be my better self! Lol.
What was your latest google search?
– ‘Club Hel the Matrix’
If you had to star in a reality show, which one would you choose?
– RuPaul’s Drag Race!
The first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
– Watch an episode of Green Arrow.
Do you have a song you wish that you had written?
– ‘More Than A Feeling’ by Boston. Or wait, ‘Only Girl in the World’ by Rihanna… No, I mean ‘Say My Name’ by Destiny’s Child! Oh, I don’t know.
What are you doing when no one is watching?
– *Very humble* Practicing my acceptance speech for winning the Grammy for “Best Producer of the Year”…. “OMG I didn’t expect this….”
If you only got to eat one dish for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
– A dish with as much as possible on it…..I think I’d go with like Smörgåstårta or something.
The latest note you have written in your phone?
– ‘Sentinel’ (I’ve been watching a LOT of Matrix lately, haha).
A trend you never thought you would fall for?
– Wanting to be Drake.
Which is your best selfie angle?
–A little low angled and from the side (aka the frog-perspective).